Showing all 11 results
5 Pcs Fishing Lures 20.5g 140mm Minnow Artificial CrankbaitsOur Price: £14.02 Add to basket
20 Mixed Hard Minnow Lures Fishing Artificial Baits Value Pack (ZH0076)Our Price: £21.48 Add to basket
10 Fishing Lures Artificial Bait Minnows Value Pack (ZH0052)Our Price: £13.31 Add to basket
64 Fishing Lures Assorted Artificial Baits Hard Minnows Value Pack (ZH0099)Our Price: £43.90 Add to basket
59 Fishing Lures Assorted Hard Minnow Artificial Bait Value Pack (ZH0057)Our Price: £44.11 Add to basket
37 Assorted Hard Fishing Lures Minnow Artifical Bait Value Pack (ZH0059)Our Price: £27.48 Add to basket
58 Artificial Lures Bait Fishing Tackle Hard Minnows Value Pack (ZH0079)Our Price: £45.32 Add to basket
JOF Sea Fishing Artificial Lures Pack Of 10 18cm Length 26g Weight Pencil MinnowsOur Price: £21.44 Add to basket
JOF Fishing Lures Pack of 5 Hard Minnow 3 cm 1.8g Boxed (002)Our Price: £6.83 Add to basket
Retail Pack Of 30 Hard Minnow Lures Artificial Baits FishingOur Price: £46.98 Add to basket
Frog Lure Soft Bait Carp Pike Fishing Pack of 5Our Price: From: £33.58 Select options
Artificial baits to catch the big fish
Artificial baits come in all shapes and sizes. Which one you use will depend on the water conditions, the weather and the fish species you are targeting.
The main families of artificial baits are:
- Plugs - These are also known as crankbait. They are generally made from hard plastic and patterned to resemble a small fish. Depending on the design plugs can be used throughout the water column as they can float, dive, sink or hover within the water column.
- Jigs - or jigbait. These tend to have a softer body, often soft plastic and are recognised by a weighted head. These types of baits can often resemble worms or other bottom prey. They are used toom-feeder fish.
- Spinnerbait - often have two parts; a metal disc and a skirt to hide the hook. The skirt could be strands of plastic or feathers. The metal disc will spin in the water and catch the eye of the fish.
- Spoons - are curved pieces of metal. These spin and reflect light as you pull them through the water. This flashing appearance aims to attract your target fish species.
- Soft plastics - are popular in sea fishing where soft plastic lures can resemble squid, octopus, shrimp and other sea fishing prey. They are also popular in freshwater fishing for larger target fish. here the soft plastic baits will look like frogs, lizards and worms.
- Flies - these are a specialised type of bait for fly-fishing. They can either be dry flies that rest on top of the water or wet flies that go under the water surface. There are commercially made flies available but the seasoned fly-fisher will always take pride in their hand-made fly collection.
Artificial bait for sale
We aim to offer a good range of different artificial baits for you to buy. Many of our lures and baits come as part of a multi-pack to allow us to justify the free shipping option.
When it comes to buying artificial bait it's always worth the time to consider which fish you want to target and the research some popular effective pattern and shapes. Different fish species are attracted to different lure designs.